The 17th edidion of the Formula SAE Italy 2022 will take place from 13 to 17 July 2022 at Riccardo Paletti Racetrack in Varano de’ Melegari.
The event will take place in person both for statics and dynamics with a limited number of persons on site concerning team members, judges and staff.
The organizational set-up of the event could be subjected to changes following the pandemic progresses. Further and detailed information will be constantly published on our website.
How to register
The main registration will open on February 9, 2022 at 10:00 AM CET (GMT +1) and will close on March 9, 2022 at 1:00 PM CET (GMT + 1).
The electronic form will be available in the Formula ATA website only at the opening date at the countdown end.
The slots available for the event are: 75 teams in Class 1 and 5 teams in Class 3, for an overall of 80 teams, as follows:
- Class 1C - IC Engine 30
- Class 1D – Driverless 10
- Class 1E - Electric Propulsion System 35
- Class 3 both IC, Electric and Driverless 5
Registrations will be accepted in the order they will be received and the list of registered teams will be published on line. Please check the website to know IF AND WHEN your team will be shifted to the “awaiting for payment” status.
Second year vehicles are not allowed.
EARLY REGISTRATION SLOTS
The first 3 Class 1C, the first 3 Class 1D, the first 3 Class 1E and the first 2 Class 3 classified Teams at the Formula SAE Italy 2021 will have a granted registration slot in the 2022 event:
- Joanneum Racing Graz - U.A.S. Graz
- MoRe Modena Racing - Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia
- Race UP Combustion - Università di Padova
- StarkStrom Augsburg Driverless - UAS Augsburg
- Ecurie Aix Formula Student Team - RWTH Aachen
- Sapienza Corse - Università di Roma La Sapienza
- Formula Student Team Tallinn - Tallinn University of Technology
- TUfast e-technology - TU München
- KA-RaceIng E - Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- UniBo Motorsport Electric - Università di Bologna
- AAM Driverless Racing Team - Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport
Further two early registration slots will be granted for North and South America, Australia and rest of the world (non-European-EFTA) teams.
The early registration will open on February 7, 2022 at 10:00 AM CET (GMT + 1) and will close on February 8, 2022 at 1:00 PM CET (GMT + 1).
After early registration closure, no slot will be granted for these teams.
Slots that are not allocated for early registration will become available for all teams during main registration period.
Registration must be completed on-line via the electronic form that will be available on the event website in each registration period. The registration will be confirmed only when the due amount will be credited on the ANFIA bank account.
Formula SAE Italy 2022 will grant 3 registration slots to 2023 event to the first 3 Class 1C, 1D & 1E winner teams of this year event and 2 slots to the first 2 Class 3 winner teams.
REGISTRATION FEES (20 members included. A further reduction of the included members could be applied due to Covid-19 restrictions)
- Class 1C, 1D & 1E: € 1.515,00 + 22% VAT = € 1.848,30
- Class 3: € 1.100,00 + 22% VAT = € 1.342,00
Registration fees are not refundable and are not transferred to a subsequent year's competition, unless for COVID-19 reasons. In case the statics events will be rescheduled in digital format, part of the paid fee will be refunded.
Teams will have 48 hours, starting from registration time, to send us (firstname.lastname@example.org for combustion teams; email@example.com for electric, driverless and class 3 teams) the proof of the bank transfer, certifying the payment date and time.
Registrations to the Formula SAE Italy 2022 will be confirmed only when the due amount is credited on the ANFIA Service Srl bank account.
When making the payments, please consider these administrative regulations:
- 22% Italian VAT is ONLY required from European and non-European natural persons, who make the payment, i.e.: registration fee = € 1.515,00 + 22% VAT = € 1.848,30 total amount to be paid.
- 22% Italian VAT is NOT required from EU companies owing a VAT code and from non-European companies, who make the payment, i.e.: registration fee = € 1.515,00 total amount to be paid.
- 22% Italian VAT is ALWAYS required from all Italian participants (natural persons/companies), except for the Public Administrations, i.e.: registration fee = € 1.515,00 + 22% VAT = € 1.848,30 total amount to be paid.
Bank transfer to ANFIA Service Srl
Bank name: BPER Banca – Turin Branch - Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 48/F - Torino – Italy
IBAN n.: IT07T0538701002000038545602 – Swift code: BPMOIT22.
Please indicate on the bank transfer the following payment descriptions:
- Team name
- University name/company name
Payment must be received in full. ALL bank transfer charges must be covered by the payer.
It is mandatory to fill in all the fields for the invoice. Be sure to put the right heading:
- University name/company name
- Department (if needed)
- Address, post code, town, country
- VAT number
- “Codice Fiscale” field is ONLY FOR ITALY
- “Codice identificativo” field is ONLY FOR ITALY
- Administration email address
Particularly, in the field of “VAT number” please check to have a correct VAT NUMBER. Please do not insert any other data: i.e. tax identification number.
If you do not have got one, please write “Not in possession” in the field.
For Italian teams only
Following the electronic invoicing rule extended to all Italian bodies owing a VAT code, please note that we need to receive the “codice identificativo” of your company, which is an alphanumerical 7 digits code.
Public Administration invoicing will remain unchanged.
For natural persons or associations with only a “codice fiscale” we need to receive an email address to send the invoice.
When choosing your car number, please consider the numbering listed here below:
- From 1 to 59
- From 70 to 99
- From 700 to 759
- From 770 to 799
- From 100 to 159
- From 170 to 199
Class 3 teams
- From 300 to 399.
When choosing your car number, please take note that it could be already taken. The acceptance order will follow the registered team list published in the Formula ATA website.
In that case, you will receive an e-mail message asking for a new choice.